Friday, May 7, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).


I thought this week had the potential to be a 'no waste' week, but alas, I found 2 things that had been forgotten over the last week. There's a little bit of mozzarella cheese leftover from making pizza last week that went moldy and a piece of cucumber that was hidden in my veggie drawer.


We'll see how things go this week. I am really going to try to keep tabs on things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails