Monday, November 14, 2011

Homemade Pedialyte

My kids had a stomach bug the last few days, but thankfully both Martin and I stayed healthy! I thought about running to the store for some Pedialyte, and then I found a recipe for a homemade version in Baby 411 (love that book!). It's so simple, just three ingredients - water, salt, and sugar.

Homemade Pedialyte (source: Baby 411)

4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Jello gelitin powder (for flavor) you can omit or I used a bit of powdered Gatorade to flavor

My one-year-old drank it without any flavoring, but my nearly three-year-old had a hard time choking even the flavored version down. She was feeling a good bit better and wanted something more "tasty".



Remember that today is the last day to enter the Walmart gift card and General Mills cereal giveaway. Just click through to this post and leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. I just recommended that book to a friend of ours from school who recently had a baby. She said she had never heard of it. I was like, "What?! You must buy this book!"

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails