Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

Lately, we've really been enjoying frozen strawberry lemonade, especially on a hot evening after a walk. This really isn't anything fancy, although you would probably pay $3-4 for something like this in a restaurant.


I've been using lemonade mix since I can get it really cheap from Costco. Of course, you could use fresh squeezed lemonade, and I'm sure it would taste immeasurably better. To make to 12oz glasses I start with 2 quarts of lemonade. There are quart markings on my blender (a KitchenAid that I absolutely love!) which make it really easy to measure.



Then I add about 1 to 1-1/2 cups of ice cubes, and a handful of strawberries. I've been using frozen berries leftover from our local U-pick strawberry outings, but this time I actually used some that were not frozen. Either tastes great!




Blend on high speed until all the chunks are gone. This makes a slushy consistency drink. You do not have to use a straw, but I've found that it is not too thick for a straw. Of course, adding more or less ice and lemonade will make it more or less thick, depending on your preference.


This makes two 12oz glasses, or you can opt to fancy things up with something like this!


No matter what, this is a refreshing drink for any hot day! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails