Monday, August 23, 2010

Thrifty Living Turns 1!!

This week marks one year of blogging here at Thrifty Living! I started this blog to share some of the ways that my family is seeking to live a thriftier lifestyle, in the hope that my ideas and suggestions would help other families to grow in the way they manage their resources too.

I've had a lot of fun documenting our life over the past year. It has helped me to grow also, as I try out new recipes, learn to shop smarter, and manage the resources we already have more effectively.

A big Thank You to all my readers - whether you just found your way here today or have been reading from the beginning. I appreciate your comments and suggestions, which have helped me to grow along the way!

I thought it might be fun to highlight a few of the most read posts from the last year.

Several recipes are at the top, including Homemade Bagel Twists (I was inspired by the Dunkin Donuts ones), Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets (a favorite of ours too), and Homemade Chewy Granola Bars (a Frugal Girl recipe that I modified).

Our Cloth Diaper Routine details how we manage our cloth diapers on a day-to-day basis. I love using cloth (more than disposables!) and I have really enjoyed getting to help other people learn about cloth diapering.

This spring I wrote about How to Build A Raised Bed Garden, which my husband and father actually built for me since I am pregnant! It was really simple to do, and we've loved having a little garden this summer!

Lastly, Money Making Opportunities has been viewed a ton. On this page I have information about some of the easy ways that I put a little bit more spending money in my pocket: by using the search engine Swagbucks, by taking Online Surveys, and by sending out for Rebates.

I am super excited to announce a special giveaway this week to celebrate! Check back later today for all of the details!

1 comment:

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails