Friday, August 28, 2009

Food Waste Friday

This is my first time documenting our food waste, and even though I worked on the fridge this week, there is a good bit here. I'm hoping that it will improve a lot now that I have the accountability of putting up a picture!



The large container is only a few pieces of spinach left over from a huge bag we got at Costco. We did a pretty good job getting through that. The cucumbers (top right) and spinach dip (top left) are from a large family party a few weeks ago. We ended up with a ton leftovers, but again, I am pretty pleased with how we've been going through them. The pork (bottom right) is the only thing that was really bad. I hate wasting meat. It was a shoulder roast that we ate as leftovers a few times, but after #3 got tired of heating it up. I should have invited people over the night we ate it -- its so much better the first time and would have been a really easy meal with company.

Hopefully next week will be better!

go here for more information about Food Waste Friday!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to have you joining us!!

    I see you own my favorite leftover containers. The glass is so nice for seeing what's inside.

    Kristen@TheFrugalGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post. Cucumber and spinach go off so quickly don't they. I think for your first week of blogging about it, your food waste is brilliant. Well done you!

    We managed a week with no food waste this week - I'm so proud :)

    Mrs Green @myzerowaste.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails