Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Favorite Warmer weather recipes

This week is shaping up to be very mild, especially for February. The changes in the weather always make me think of certain foods and drinks that we usually have seasonally. Here are a few of my favorites.

Cherry Limeade - one of my favorites! I think my recipe takes just like Sonic!

Frozen Strawberry Lemonade - a refreshing mix of sweet and tangy.

Smoothies - all varieties. Recently we've been adding oatmeal to ours inspired by Full Measure of Happiness. I use 1 c. milk, 1/2 c. oatmeal, 5-6 whole strawberries, 4-5 cubes frozen pineapple juice.


I'm also looking forward to trying out a few new recipes. I just spied this one for homemade fruit roll ups from Joy of Jello. Don't they look fantastic?
 (Image)

Any recipes to share?

2 comments:

  1. very interested in the oatmeal idea for the smoothies...will try this soon since we drink a lot of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oatmeal adds a nice texture and nutty flavor. I'm totally obsessed with it in my smoothies!

      Delete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails