Friday, September 23, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Earlier in the week my computer died while I was in the process of finishing up the instructions for our Homemade Turkish Delight. I have a few options for blogging, but pictures and hyperlinks will probably be limited for a little while!

out food waste this week isn't too terrible; I sent this corn casserole down the garbage disposer because of it's rather pungent odor. And I have about a quart of milk that soured. I was planning to bake with it, but thus far have been quite uninspired. I was thinking of freezing it for later but it is whole milk so it would probably separate when I unfreeze it. Any experience with freezing whole milk? I hate wasting milk!




4 comments:

  1. I've frozen whole milk before and had no problems with it separating. If it does separate, if you shake or stir it really well, it should be fine. At least I think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank Becca for the answer. We don't usually have leftover milk these days with very young ones in the house. There was a time when we only bought a 1/2 gal each month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that Becca has had no problems freezing whole milk. We froze it when I was growing up and did find it separated and wasn't quite as good as fresh. However, it certainly was drinkable. Also, if you are going to be using it for baking, it should be fine.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails