Thursday, April 19, 2012

Salami and Avocado Melt

I made this amazing sandwich for lunch the other day. It totally reminded me of something that I would get at Panera Bread!


The ingredients: salami and turkey pastrami, half an avocado, sliced, topped with swiss cheese. I spread dijon mustard on the bread and grilled it to make a nice melt.

I think the only way it could have been better is with a thick slice of fresh tomato...mmmm! I always love the challenge of knocking off restaurant favorites at home. Not only is it a lot more cost effective to buy the ingredients myself, but its fun to get to play around with new combinations too.

Do you have a favorite gourmet sandwich combo that you make at home?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Denny's in years but they used to serve a "Denny's Deluxe Sandwich" Sourdough bread, roast beef, tomato, bacon and cheddar. Grilled and served with a jus. I make a knock off version at home regularly.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails