Friday, October 8, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

Well, I've got another week of good news and no picture! I've been doing some extra cooking and freezing this week so that we'll have some meals in our freezer for after the baby comes. Since I'm having to plan that out, its been really easy to plan to eat up our leftovers!

How did you do this week? I hope you are seeing improvement in the amount of food you are having to throw out, even if there is still something every week! It has been a process for us, and one that I am sure I will have to continue to be diligent about in order to keep up with over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails