Friday, November 5, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).


Well it has been a few weeks since I reported on our food waste for the week, and in large part we've done a good job of using things up instead of throwing them out! This week I did a closer inspection and found several things that needed to be tossed, many of which were pretty fuzzy, which is probably why I forgot to take pictures of everything.
 
I did salvage some celery and several tomatoes from my garden by chopping them up and freezing them. I'm planning to put the celery in some soup next week and using the tomato for some pasta sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails