Friday, November 12, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).


The only thing that I tossed today was some ricotta cheese. I had a huge tub from Costco that I used to make lasagna and some crockpot ziti, but I never made time to put together the final lasagna. I did take a picture, but I'm not able to upload it to the blog right now for some reason.


Enjoy the weekend! And remember that today is the last day to enter to win a $25 gift card to Safeway and some great Fiber One products! AND you can get a free cup of coffee at Burger King during breakfast hours today -- happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails