Friday, November 19, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).



It was a rough week for our food waste...I've got part of a cheese block, some sliced cheese, a bit of bagged lettuce, and a few grapes. My husband and daughter got hit by a nasty stomach bug this week, and though I escaped most of the effects, I did not do much cooking beyond noodle soup, rice, and breakfast foods. The good thing is that the fridge is pretty empty, so it should be easier to keep on top of the food waste this coming week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no, sorry to hear everyone was so sick!!!! Nothing you could do about that food waste. Hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails