Friday, December 3, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).



This week's casualties were fairly limited -- a very mushy and fuzzy cucumber and a little serving of a fruity dessert that was looking like a science experiment.


We have leftovers in the fridge that will get used up this weekend, so I'm shooting for a no waste week next week!

Amazon is still running lightning deals, so if you are looking to do some online shopping, that would be a great place to start.

You can still stock up on Yardley soap through Saturday at Walgreens for just 69 cents a bar. This is a great deal, and perfect for homemade laundry detergent!

My husband and I had a blast using our free movie tickets last night! Be on the look out for specially marked cereal boxes for tickets of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails