Friday, December 10, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

 
A good week! We ate up our leftovers from last week, and have some new ones waiting to be eaten this weekend. I feel like I've gotten back into a good meal planning/cooking rythem since my son was born, and it is showing in the lack of food waste!

Edit: I just discovered two moldy bagels...boo. Next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails