Friday, September 3, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

This week I opened up a cute little jar of strawberry preserves to make a sandwich for my daughter


and discovered this:


MOLD! Yuck! I guess when I was given this jar I must have opened it and then forgot, because it has been sitting in my pantry for several months, just waiting to be used. I am very sad to have to toss it, because it looked like it would have been really tasty jam!

How did you do this week? Any "oopses" like me?
I'm planning to be back blogging this weekend to bring you another sweet giveaway, so be sure to check back! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails