Friday, September 10, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

Well, its another really good week! My daughter and I finished off some strawberries at breakfast this morning that were getting wrinkly on the outside. I was a little worried that they had gone bad when I pulled them out of the fridge, but only one had a bit of mold.

Despite their wrinkled appearance, they were still quite delicious!

I'm not entirely sure how we have continued to have relatively no food waste each week, since I have not done anything special to prevent waste recently. I think it has just become such a habit to know what needs to be used up each week and work towards using all of our leftovers!

How did you do this week? Any tips for using up leftovers?

Remember the giveaway that ends today at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails