Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Ideas

Do you have some special things planned for Dad this Father's Day? Here is a roundup of some of my favorite ideas!

There have been tons of free photo card opportunities over the last few weeks (like the one I posted from Shutterfly); I hope you were able to take advantage of these too!

I made a chalkboard using homemade chalkboard paint using this simple recipe from The Idea Room. It was really easy to make and also turned into a great prop for our special Father's Day pictures!


We also have been enjoying this super cute picture book from the library: What Dads Can't Do by Douglas Wood. 
It is told from the child's perspective, seeing all the things that dad seemingly "can't" do - a great book about the love and sacrifices dads make! (We also love What Moms Can't Do.)

Photo Collage - Positively Splendid

This photo collage using chalkboards was part of my inspiration for our chalkboard photoshoot. I love the personal quotes from each child!

Father's Day Questionare - The Crafting Chicks and Two Journeys One Life


I think these questionares about Dad are adorable. Here are two great examples (and both come with free printables!) but there are loads of others out there too. If I was super on top of things I would make my own, but realistically, I know that is not happening this year!

101 Guy Gift Ideas - The Mom Creative
I love this list of "guy" gift ideas...perfect for all the hard to shop for men in our lives! There are some great last minute idea, some ideas that will take a while to DIY, and plenty to save for birthdays and Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails