Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Club Activity: My Father's Dragon

I've been caught up in a whirlwind of activity the past 2 weeks and the preschool book club and my blogging was completely pushed to the back of everything! Today should have been the day I posted discussion questions for My Father's Dragon, but I'm going to change the date to next Monday, July 9th. That will get us through the Fourth of July holiday and hopefully back on track!


If you have not gotten a chance to start My Father's Dragon, I hope you'll do so now! This is a very short book that is an easy read. It's much simpler than The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. You can read the whole book online via UPenn's digital library, purchase for $8 or less on Amazon, or check it out from your library (like we did!). I love that there are pictures on every page, especially as we go back and review after skipping several days of reading.

The activity I have planned for this week is to color a picture of a dragon using the description in the book. I found several different free printable dragon pictures at All About Coloring, Moms Who Think, and Print Activities. Pick you favorite, or pick more than one. I'm sure we'll be doing several dragon pictures!

I hope you enjoy My Father's Dragon. Be sure to check back on Monday, July 9th for the discussion questions to ask your preschooler. I can't wait to hear what they think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails