Friday, November 20, 2009

Food Waste Friday

So this week's waste is the result of a slip-up on my part. I was making dinner Saturday night and had a can of evaporated and 3 eggs in my bowl. I added 2 cups of flour...and then realized I was only supposed to add 2 TABLESPOONS! My husband and I looked through a ton of different recipes trying to find something that would fit, and we actually did find a few things. But the weekend was crazy and the week was busy, so I never got around to making anything with it and now its a little....yuck!


To read more about food waste Friday, visit the Frugal Girl!

1 comment:

  1. In the future, remember that just about every mistake can be incorporated into some type of bread. You had evaporated milk, eggs and flour. You could add a tablespoon of sugar or honey, a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of yeast. Let it get bubbly, add enough flour to make a dough and allow to rise double. Bake at 400 for 20-25 mins.

    Or, you could have added a little sugar and baking powder. Then spoon onto a griddle like pancakes.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails