Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DIY - Resurrection Easter Eggs

When I was growing up, my sisters and I always enjoyed this Easter version of an advent calender. Every day for the 12 days leading up to Easter, you open one of the eggs. In each is a slip of paper with verses to read from the Easter story as well as a prop - a little object that goes with that day's verse.

Last year, my mom made a set for our family, and we are enjoying going through them after dinner every night. Even though our daughter is too young too understand the story, she enjoys playing with the eggs and the little objects.

I've seen places where you can buy a set of these eggs, but I think that making them yourself is so much better! Not only is it really easy to do, it is more special to have unique objects in your set. Here is the set that my mom made for us, along with instructions for how to make your own set of Easter Eggs!

Click here for a printable version of the instructions. Once you have printed the sheet, the verses and can be cut out to go inside the eggs.

The plastic eggs fit in a regular egg carton


and are numbered to make it easy to know which day is which.


Here are some examples of what is inside the eggs - cup and bread


Crown of thorns and rod:


This is a great opportunity to be creative with the little objects, and even change them out through the years as your find new or different ones that work better. If you have any questions about putting this together or what other objects I have in my set, just let me know!


DIY Day @ ASPTL

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea. I just put mine together last night and we started it with our boys.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails