Friday, April 9, 2010

Food Waste Friday

Well, after a few weeks of not pulling it together on Friday, I finally have a food waste picture to post. I've still been throwing things out, but by the time Friday hit the last few weeks, we were in overdrive mode with things to do, usually involving visits from family (which we love!).

Anyhow, I tossed half a can of refried beans today. I don't know when they were opened. We have not eaten Mexican in weeks. I kept checking them, thinking I would use them, but they ended up getting dried out because I didn't put them in an airtight container.

I did manage to salvage some things this week! I froze a bunch of strawberries (we ended up with 6 pounds in the fridge at one point Easter weekend) as well as some cantaloupe. I did have to throw out a good third of the cantaloupe because it was over ripened.

Have you gone through your fridge this week? I feel so much better prepared for our meals this coming week knowing what I need to use up now! Thanks as always to The Frugal Girl for starting Food Waste Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails