Friday, April 23, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

This week's casualties were a result of last weekend's Passover Seder with friends. We were a few weeks late on the seder, since Passover was earlier this month, but it was a lot of fun. However we had a few leftovers that I was unmotivated to eat this week: a little bit of matzah casserole and a lone potato pancake.


Going through your fridge every week is a super easy way to be more "green" on a regular basis. Check out my other posts from this week on Cloth Diapers, our cloth diaper routine, and reducing our paper waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails