Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Homemade Peppermint Mocha

Yes! You read it right! The Starbucks specialty right in your home, for far less than $4.50 :-)

This recipe is adapted from one I found on the Cotton Babies blog. I also made my own peppermint syrup, using the recipe in that post. It was very simple! In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil, then add 2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Refrigerate and enjoy!

After I made my peppermint syrup, the rest was easy, thanks to my new immersion blender!


Of course, you don't need an immersion blender to make this work! Here's the ingredients:


Combine 3/4 cup strong coffee, 1 Tablespoon peppermint syrup, 1 Tablespoon chocolate syrup (she also has a recipe for making this yourself, but I am going to use up what I have first!), and 1 Tablespoon half and half (the recipe says 1/8 cup coconut milk). Blend it up well!


And enjoy!


The mocha I made today was a little large than the recipe, I just altered the proportions accordingly. Now, its not exactly like Starbucks, but if you crave that specialty drink often, this will save you a bundle!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I just got one from Starbucks today with a gift card I had, but I would love to make my own. I am a coffee junkie for sure! I may try to make the syrup with Splenda to reduce the calories a little. Can you use Hershey's chocolate syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I used Hershey's syrup the first few times I made these, and now I'm working on the Nestle...somehow I ended up wiu a ton of chocolate syrup! I would be interested to hear how it turns out with Splenda. My guess is that it will work too!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails