Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Soup Night


Now that the weather has gotten cooler, I have been back to our meal routine of making soup once a week. I usually make soup on Mondays and we end up having it for dinner again later in the week and for lunch at least once also.


A while back I read the book Miserly Moms, which had a lot of good advice about how to cut cost on everyday things, such as meals. One of her main points was to have a soup night, because soup can be so inexpensive to make, and it goes a long way. I don't remember the exact numbers, but she calculated that having soup once a week for dinner can save you hundreds of dollars a year!


There are so many different soup recipes out there - you could make a different one every week for a whole year. So I thought that I would start posting some of our favorite soup recipes over the next several weeks.


I'm making potato soup tomorrow, so I'll take some pictures and put up the recipe tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I make soup with leftover chili and taco meat. Just as chicken broth and a can of tomato sauce, some veggies and you're all set.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails