Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review: Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub

Rick & Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub is a comedic look at food by two guys who unashamedly love to eat. This book was different than what I expected originally; I thought it would be more of a cookbook. There are several recipes in this book, and the ones I've tried are very good indeed.


Rick and Bubba are radio personalities who have also written a number of books. I found myself laughing out loud several times while reading their thoughts on food. I am very much a food lover myself, so I appreciated the way they wrote about loving meat, the importance of eating pizza with your hands instead of a fork and knife, and the conspiracy of 10 packs of hot dogs and 8 packs of buns. I also enjoyed the chapter on their top 10 favorite restaurants, which included Five Guys and Ruth's Chris Steak House.


My conclusion is that this book is great for what it is, but not something that is my preference to read. It would make a great gift for the food lover in your life (which may also mean it could be a great Father's Day gift...especially if you have Amazon money in your account from Swagbucks)!


Thomas Nelson provided me with a free copy of this book in return for my unbiased review. All opinions are 100% mine.

I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails