Friday, June 18, 2010

Links I Love

I've been wanting to share some interesting links on a more regular basis, but this is the first chance I've had! Have a great weekend, and Happy Fathers Day!

Free 8x10 Photo collage - tomorrow is the last day for this Walgreens freebie. Remember to opt for pick-up in the store to get it for free!

Using coupons makes you buy things you don't need (couponing myth #1) - I love the way Mindi writes about converting friends to getting things free through coupons...so true!

Decorating with books - This is such a great idea for frugal decorating! I have quite the soft spot for old books, and I'm already plotting to get started stenciling. (via A Soft Place to Land)

30 New Amazing Birthday Cakes - My mom always made us a special cake on our birthdays, and I remember flipping through her magazines for hours to pick out my cake each year. These ideas are so brilliant, and really are simple. I especially like the Gumball Machine and the Star Wars lightsaber cakes!

Free books in the MOT area - For my local readers, be sure to check out the Silver Lake Elementary School Bookmobile! My friend Maura recently wrote about her experience and how great they were with the kids. This week's copy of the Middletown Transcript had info as well. The dates are June 22, July 13 and July 20 (all Tuesdays) and the route is Dale United Methodist Church (Lake St) from 1-1:20pm, Millbranch neighborhood playground from 1:30-1:50pm, Middletown Village playground from 2-2:20pm, and Silver Lake Park playground from 2:30-3pm. Each child will get 2 free books, along with ice cold treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails