Friday, June 11, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).



I am so excited to say that I have nothing to throw out today! The best part about this (for me) is that we had a lot of leftover cornbread from dinner one night and I was able to use it all up! I have had trouble getting to cornbread leftovers before they get hard and gross, so this is big progress! Unfortunately, I did have to throw out part of a head of lettuce earlier in the week. I had only bought it a few days before, but it went bad from the inside for whatever reason. So I can only claim part responsibility for that one!

How did you do this week? Were you able to use up some leftovers too?

1 comment:

  1. If you have more cornbread left over than you know you will eat before it goes stale, you could cut it into squares and freeze it - that way you can just take out however much you're going to eat at one time. You could also cut it into small cubes and freeze for a cornbread stuffing.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails