Friday, July 30, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

This week a lone hot dog headed to the trash. I don't even remember when we grilled this particular one! We ended up having several cookouts over the weekend, and took home a good many extra hot dogs, so I guess it was inevitable that one would be left.


I took the day off from blogging on Wednesday to go to the Delaware State Fair with my family. The fair just has 2 days left (today and tomorrow), but it is a great (and inexpensive if you plan to only get a snack there) family outing. Tickets are $6 per person, but children under 9 are free! You can get all the details on the State Fair's Website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails