Monday, March 28, 2011

Thrifty Sewing Projects and Walmart Sales

I've been working on a few sewing projects lately that I'll be sharing over the next two weeks! Here's a sneak peak at a ruined shirt...


and a pair of jeans...


I found some great clearance sales at Walmart last week. A Cars hoodie for $1, a thick fleece for $2, and a winter coat for $5!!


The coat was tagged as $6.50, but scanned even lower...just $5!


I don't usually shop at Walmart, mostly because they do not double coupons. But thanks to a change in Walmart's coupon policy, you can now apply "coupon overage" towards the rest of your purchase. A quick example...a small box of Gain dryer sheets is priced at $1.78 at Walmart. Use the $3 off Gain dryer sheets coupon (from the 2/13 Red Plum insert) to get a box for free PLUS $1.22 of overage towards the rest of your total.

I had three of these coupons, so I was able to get 3 free boxes of dryer sheets plus $3.66 off the rest of my total, which made those clearance clothing even sweeter! If you still have the $3 off coupon, use it quickly! It expires on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails