Friday, May 27, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Every Friday, I join with The Frugal Girl and other bloggers to clean out my fridge and freezer and take a picture of anything that has gone bad over the last week. This holds me accountable to faithfully check every week, and motivates me to use up our leftovers. This has made a huge difference in the amount of food we waste every week. I encourage you to participate with me in food waste Friday, too!
Today I tossed a donut, a few cut up tomato pieces, and a ton of homemade oatmeal baby food. The donut was from my grandmother and is probably the saddest part of my food waste today. She got a bunch of these from my favorite donut shop in Hagerstown and we kept them in the fridge and would warm them up before eating. The last one I had was getting really dry and so I just never got around to this final guy. The tomatoes are dumb waste -- you should never leave that little bit of anything! And the baby food was a mistake on my part. I did homemade oatmeal for our daughter and thought I would just make a ton for my son. He struggles with the chunkier textures still, so it was way too much. Now I know and I'll make less!


How was your food waste this week? Do you have a lot of leftovers to go through over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails