Friday, January 22, 2010

Food Waste Friday

This week I had to toss about half of this Half & Half. Does that mean I only wasted a quarter of it? While trying to figure out if it was good still or not I learned that you can freeze half & half. So next time I will freeze some, and hopefully it will not end up in my food waste picture again!



One of the biggest things that I have learned by participating in Food Waste Friday is to purchase less perishables when I go shopping, especially fruits and veggies. I end up shopping every week, at least to get the few great sales, so its easy to just buy enough fruit for that week instead of stocking up for the whole month. The other thing I have found is that when there is a great deal on a specific fruit and I want to stock up, I just choose not to buy other fruits at the same time. Sure we end up eating oranges for 2 weeks, but after that we are ready for something different, and we didn't waste anything!


Thanks as always to Kristen @ The Frugal Girl for her food waste inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! It's very original. Thanks for linking up on my blog. Feel free to email me with any deals you find!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails