Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thrifty Christmas: wrap-up

I did not get to do as much with the Christmas theme as I had hoped to last week -- we have been on the road logging over 500 miles since Christmas, so it has been busy!

I did have one last thought that I wanted to share about how we did Christmas gifts this year. Gift baskets are a really great way to bring together a bunch of smaller items attractively. Small baskets or totes full of travel-sized bath goodies or a variety of snack foods are marketed as great gift ideas during the Christmas shopping time. This year I made a bunch of our gifts (many using Mason-jar recipes) and wanted to put them in gift baskets. But the people we were giving to (parents and grandparents) really had no need for yet another (no matter how cute it is) gift basket or bag. So I borrowed baskets from them, added some decorations (ribbon and tissue paper), and instant gift basket that does not add to the clutter!

I was really happy with how it turned out, and I am thinking that this will be a great idea for the future too!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails