Friday, February 25, 2011

Food Waste Friday: A rough week!

Every Friday, I join with The Frugal Girl and other bloggers to clean out my fridge and freezer and take a picture of anything that has gone bad over the last week. This holds me accountable to faithfully check every week, and motivates me to use up our leftovers. This has made a huge difference in the amount of food we waste every week. I encourage you to participate with me in food waste Friday, too!





Last week I said that we had a bunch of leftover to use up. The good news is that we used up pretty much all of last week's leftovers. The bad news is that because there were so many things in our fridge, a few things from the week before got shoved in the back...a bit of chicken and potatoes, chili, and sadly, mini crab cakes from our Valentine's Day dinner. Also I found some white sauce that I made for fish tacos a while back had sprouted some new colors!

I think we will be back on track for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails