Friday, July 8, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Every Friday, I join with The Frugal Girl and other bloggers to clean out my fridge and freezer and take a picture of anything that has gone bad over the last week. This holds me accountable to faithfully check every week, and motivates me to use up our leftovers. This has made a huge difference in the amount of food we waste every week. I encourage you to participate with me in food waste Friday, too!

We've had quite an eventful week. After being out of town for the 4th of July weekend (the 4th is my mom's birthday, so we always get together for picnicking and fireworks), the rock hard peaches had turned ripe and over-ripe. I had to toss one that was molded the whole way through, but I was able to cut a spot off another and the rest were perfect and are happily gone! Not too shabby.

I found a fuzzy bit of squash, onion, and tomato leftovers from early last week. It was really good the night I made it, but the leftovers just never looked too appetizing, so they sat and sat. I had a helper this morning while I went through the fridge and she wanted to be in the picture this week too!

Don't you love those Christmas PJs?

If you're just stopping in for Food Waste, you may enjoy this week's posts about homemade laundry detergent and the Avocado and White Sauce from our hot dog challenge. I'll be back tomorrow with our CSA pick-up from Colchester Farm!

1 comment:

  1. she is adorable in her Christmas PJs...cutest food waste pic ever!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails