Saturday, July 23, 2011

Food Waste (Saturday)

Every Friday, I join with The Frugal Girl and other bloggers to clean out my fridge and freezer and take a picture of anything that has gone bad over the last week. This holds me accountable to faithfully check every week, and motivates me to use up our leftovers. This has made a huge difference in the amount of food we waste every week. I encourage you to participate with me in food waste Friday, too! 


We were away visiting family all of last week, and in the flurry of packing I did not do food waste last Friday. Yesterday when we got home, I was pretty sure that we would have some milk that did not make it, along with lettuce from our CSA two weeks ago. Happily, both were still in excellent shape, making this a no waste week!


Whew it is another crazy hot day here in Delaware! I've been using the Thrifty Living Facebook page for some summer meal ideas. If you are on Facebook, be sure to 'like' Thrifty Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails