Saturday, June 18, 2011

CSA Week 3

This week we opted to pick up our CSA items in downtown Middletown. This is an option that is available every week, and would save us a ton of time, but we really wanted to get the full experience of going to the farm every week. Since things were so busy this week, it was nice to have the option to keep it simple yesterday evening. The other downside with the Middletown pick up is that we did not get to pick out our own items. That will be ok once in a while, but its nicer to be able to pick what we like best or need more of on a regular basis.

This week's pick-up included radishes, loose leaf lettuce, kohlrabi, garlic scapes, and sugar snap peas. I'm going to have to be on my toes to get the kohlrabi used up since we still have some from last week...I don't want it ending up in my food waste picture this coming Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails