Friday, June 3, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Every Friday, I join with The Frugal Girl and other bloggers to clean out my fridge and freezer and take a picture of anything that has gone bad over the last week. This holds me accountable to faithfully check every week, and motivates me to use up our leftovers. This has made a huge difference in the amount of food we waste every week. I encourage you to participate with me in food waste Friday, too!


Well, things look pretty bad for me, but for the most part, it wasn't my fault!

First, the peach was totally my fault. It just got left in the fridge and withered until it's now a mushy mess. The cream cheese is goat's milk cheese that I had back when I was avoiding cow's milk. I didn't love it, so once I didn't have to eat it anymore, it got left.

The bananas are from Costco. We nearly always get them at Costco because they are a great price and we go through a ton of bananas. They come in a plastic bag and are very green, but by taking them out of the bag as soon as we get home, they usually ripen nicely. For whatever reason these went from green to mush without ripening. I'm going to cut some of the less mushy ones up so that I can freeze them (my daughter loves frozen banana as a snack in the summer) and hopefully salvage some of the bunch!


Have you been working on reducing your food waste? Are you seeing progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails