Monday, June 6, 2011

Repurposed: Jar Candle into Hurricane Candle Holder

While doing some cleaning over the weekend, we found some old jar candles that had outlived their ability to burn and were collecting dust on a shelf. I read recently (I don't remember where off the top of my head) about removing wax from jars by putting them in the oven, so we gave it a try!

I put the oven on warm and it took about 30 minutes to get all that wax out. I probably could have used a high temperature to speed things along.


It worked like a charm! One jar was a Yankee Candle with a sticker on the outside, so I'll probably just recycle it, but the other was free of stickers and is beautiful! My husband suggested that it would make a great hurricane candle holder...and so it does!

I tried out a couple different options, and I think for now I like this second one best (with the smaller candle in the jar). It really shows off our beautiful new hurricane holder!

I did a quick Swagbucks search and found a nearly identical hurricane candle holder from Pier 1 that would set me back $10-$18. I love our repurposed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails