Friday, May 14, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

This week I peeked inside this container of ham (from Easter I think!) and found it to be rather gross. We got way burnt out on leftover ham, so I really should have just stuck this in the freezer...


How did you do this week? Were you able to use up leftovers...or find something long forgotten in the back of the fridge??

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, that looks, ummm, very congealed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My chickens would have loved that ham! (almost as much as love fried chicken!)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails