Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Homemade Waffle Sandwiches

We enjoy having breakfast for dinner every week or so, but it can get a little boring just eating pancakes and eggs. One of the things we try to do is copy things we could buy out but are more more cost effective to make at home. Both McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts have waffle sandwiches right now, so this is a bit of a spin off of them.

I got a Cuisinart Waffle Maker for my birthday a few years ago and it works great (and quick!). This day I only split the waffles in half, but you could do quarter sized sandwiches also.



I added some cheese and put scrambled eggs on top of it. This helped melt the cheese so it stayed on the sandwich better (since we used shredded). You could make your eggs any way you want also. I scrabbled because I used egg beaters this time.

Then add some breakfast meat. We had turkey bacon this time. I also put some syrup on the waffles. I probably should have used a little less because it didn't all soak in before we put the top of the sandwich on, which made a bit of a mess.

Mmmmmmmm....it was really good, and way healthier than grabbing it at a fast food restaurant too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails