Friday, May 21, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've been participating in Food Waste Friday with The Frugal Girl for a while now; I go through our fridge (and freezer) on Friday and toss anything that has gone bad. I also take a look at what needs to be used up so that it does not go bad and try to work that into our meals over the next few days. This has really helped us to throw out less food (and so we're actually buying less because we're using what we've already bought!).

The last few weeks I keep finding something that was hidden underneath or behind other food until it is past being able to be used. This week its a little (I mean little) piece of chicken we did on the grill.

I tried to be really thorough after finding this one, so hopefully there are no more lurking leftovers that will end up in next week's food waste picture!


Here's a recap of what this week looked like at Thrifty Living:

I made homemade cheese bagel twists, trying to copy the kind sold at Dunkin Donuts. Local strawberries are in season (on the east coast) and we went Filasky's Produce in Middletown. And MySurvey.com (one of the free survey sites that I recommend) is looking for moms with children under 4 years old to join their panel!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails